Proving that the art of trance comes in many forms, Berklee College of Music graduate and London-based American Andrew Bayer is as at ease making glitch electronica of the Border Community ilk as he is orchestral piano pieces, deep techno or progressive dancefloor destroyers.
Having produced a wealth of progressive anthems in partnership with Norwegian artist Boom Jinx, he was formerly part of prolific production duo Signalrunners and has a solo artist album ready for release this year to follow on from his recent ‘Distraction’ EP on Anjunadeep, an almost 30 minute continuous piece of music set over four movements.
With a tracklist ranging from Clark and Aphex Twin to Nathan Fake and Max Cooper, his podcast delivers an involving and richly emotional ride without compromising on the intricacy and depth of productions within it.
1. Walls - ‘Gaberdine (Nathan Fake Ambient Version)’
2. Kenton Slash Demon - ‘Sun’
3. Stimming - ‘Der Schmelz’
4. Shlohmo - ‘Sweatpants’
5. Ryan Davis - ‘Sideways’
6. Andrew Bayer – ‘ID’
7. Hot Chip - ‘I Feel Better (Max Cooper Remix)’
8. Andrew Bayer – ‘Distractions - Movement 3’
9. And If – ‘Finest Dream (Reprise)’
10. The Flashbulb - ‘Undiscovered Colors’
11. Shlohmo - ‘Ghosts pt 2’
12. Vincent Oliver - ‘Cluods In The Haed (Nathan Fake Remix)’
13. Clark - ‘Growls Garden’
14. Aphex Twin - ‘IZ-US’
15. Andrew Bayer - ‘Distractions - Movement 4’
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.